Date: Tuesday, April 17th
By: Justin Luby
Despite the year coming to a close here in a few weeks, Career Services still has a lot going on and will be active until the end of the school year. With that being said, please don’t hesitate to come into the office in the next few weeks, just because the year is ending soon doesn’t mean we are checked out and have nothing to offer! In fact, we’ve still got several updates for you:
- JOBS! – Seniors, you’re graduating and we’re sure you may want a job to go along with that. Remember to be checking the online job board for new listings coming in each day. Along with that, our office is still open – we can help point you in the right direction or give you a lead if you come into our office in the next few weeks. Even if we can’t give you a perfect job offer, coming into our office and chatting with us about your goals and what you’re searching for will help us help you, which we’re sure we can do in some capacity.
- Western & Southern Life is interviewing on Campus – on Thursday, April 19th their recruiters will be on campus in the compass library conducting interviews for a full-time financial representative position. To sign up for one of these interviews, come into career services and reserve yourself a time block. If you can’t make it in before then, send your resume to email@example.com and we will respond with an information introductory packet to the position and to the company. Take advantage of the convenience of location for this interview! Even if this may not be a position you’re sure about, use this as an interview practice and professional development opportunity.
- Summer 2018 Internship Forms – These are due before you go home for summer break! This applies to internships for credit and not for credit. You’ll need to get an internship agreement form from outside of our office and start getting the signatures you need as soon as possible. 5 total signatures are required and if you wait too long, you could miss the deadline. Be sure to get this completed form into our office before you head home for the summer.
- Fall 2018 Internship Forms – Students who plan to do an internship in the fall of the upcoming school year will need to get the details of your intended program solidified as soon as possible. These forms aren’t due until you return to campus but you will need to know what type of credit hours you will be receiving for the internship so you can work that into your schedule for the fall. Along with this, you will need 5 signatures as usual, which can take a long time to get. Start determining your plan for your fall internship and although it is not required, consider getting your fall internship agreement form into our office before heading home for the summer so you won’t have to worry about it during break or when you return to campus.
- NO WALK-IN HOURS OR APPOINTMENTS – This will be the case for just one week, which is the week of Monday, April 30th through Friday, May 4th. If you need to get into Career Services before finals, come in before this week comes along. If you planned on scheduling a meeting or coming into walk-in hours during this week, send us an email and we can figure something out.